We seek an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing Product team.
Working closely with the Project team, the Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our software is of the highest quality & reliability and meets the requirements defined by the project spec. They will work on all stages of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve any issues. They will be responsible for conducting both manual and automated tests before and after product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
Reporting to the Head of Development, the successful candidate will have familiarity of software development and ideally experience of working within a small company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Carry out both formally scripted and exploratory testing
- Design & document effective and appropriate regression testing sets
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Contribution of improvement ideas for our test infrastructure and our test processes
Essential Skills and Behaviors
- 5+ years experience in a QA role
- You are organised, inquisitive, analytical, detail-oriented, precise and relentless
- Solid experience of Agile/Lean development team practices
- Experience creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience of using source code management tools
- You communicate fluently in English and are able to clearly express, both verbally and in writing, technical descriptions in a clear manner
Advantageous Skills & Behaviors
- Experience in software development role
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Project team members, including Product Managers, Project Managers and Software Engineers, Design team
- Customer Success
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.