We seek an experienced Delivery Manager to join our Product Team.
You will work closely with product managers, engineers, testers, stakeholders and partners to lead and support the development of product priorities across teams.
As guardian of the engineering teams, you ensure the optimal working through a combination of coaching, resolution of impediments, and communication. You will have the opportunity to impact people’s thinking and shape the culture and behaviours of this team and beyond.
We are defining the next generation of online advertising solutions in the retail industry across Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest that enable retailers to leverage both online and in-store customer behaviour data.
We are looking for people who are eager to learn; people who can generate ideas, help us to drive our roadmap and ship great products. We are focused on the quality and scalability of everything we build so are always looking to improve our processes and ourselves.
If you’d like to work on these things, get in touch because we are excited to work with you. This role is a great opportunity to grow your career and work with a fun team, stacked with experience.
The role is part of our overall product team based in Waterford, Ireland. You will also work closely with our US-based teams and have the opportunity to travel if required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Help improve the teams you work with by bringing your experience and new ideas
- Strong ability to multi-task and work on multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Removing blockers to facilitate rapid, friction-free delivery of quality software
- Maintain and manage key work artefacts (stories, epics, boards)
- Run required agile ceremonies (planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Perform iteration and release planning to deliver maximum value as early as possible
- Identify long-term areas of improvement and champion solutions to enable the team to deliver value
- Coach and support the team and wider organisation regarding best practices in agile or other appropriate methodologies
- Foster a trusting, safe environment where problems can be raised without fear while focussing on solving problems rather than placing blame
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- You are experienced, mature and dependable
- Solve problems by being imaginative, inquisitive, analytical and motivated
- Communicate fluently in English and are able to clearly express, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrable skills in organisation and prioritising tasks
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to effectively work with team members in various locations
- Strong Agile Project Management
- Proven ability to help teams deliver complex initiatives
- Good experience with development processes and how they become blocked
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- An appreciation and understanding that Delivery Manager is quite a different role to that of a Project Manager
Advantageous Skills & Behaviours
- Certified Scrum Master, ITIL or equivalent.
- Experience of project management and delivery tracking tools, specifically JIRA
- Knowledge and awareness of other Agile frameworks and software development processes: Kanban, FDD, TDD, DevOps
- Product team members, including Product Managers, User Researchers and Designers
- Engineering team members, including Software Engineers and our QA team
- Customer Success
This role is based in our Waterford, Ireland office. To apply, please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.