StitcherAds is looking for an experienced UI Engineer to join our growing Product team. This is an opportunity to make a high impact while helping the team deliver on a next generation online advertising solution for the retail industry. We are developing Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest solutions that enable retailers to leverage both online and in-store customer behaviour data to execute effective omnichannel advertising. The ideal candidate has solid expertise in frontend technologies, is experienced in implementing quality products with a great customer experience.
You will work out of our Waterford, Ireland office where our social platform engineering team is based. Work closely with our UK and US based teams and be willing to undertake travel to those destinations if needed. This is a unique opportunity to work in with a global leader and grow your career with an experienced team.
Reporting to the Head of Development, the successful candidate will have familiarity of software development and ideally experience of working within a small company.
What qualities are we looking for?
- A passion for UI development coupled with a keen interest in new technologies and frameworks.
- The ability to suggest and get up to speed with new technologies or development practices as they are introduced.
- Able to quickly respond to the changing business needs and roll out functionality incrementally.
- Great communicator, who thrives working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Highly motivated individual and a strong customer advocate, focused on contributing to the user experience.
- Create beautiful and intuitive experiences.
- Working closely with product management and product design team to define new User Interface behaviors.
- Drive new features from inception to production, while working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new UI features.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Work with Q.A. and product management in an agile environment.
- Taking ownership of your work.
- Shape and drive the adoption of UI technologies and practices across our team.
- Being an active participant in peer code reviews.
- Helping maintain high development standards across the team.
- Contributing directly to discussions and development of our product.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience designing and building interfaces and digital SaaS products.
- Analytical problem solver who is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience.
- Efficient in HTML5, CSS, and CSS Preprocessors (less/sass).
- Experience with Scrum / GIT / Agile (tools like Jira).
- Familiar with and experience employing common UI Design Patterns and Design Systems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Commitment to creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Experience writing production quality code, preferably in a product based company
- Excellent at articulating, documenting and presenting ideas across the product team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably Computer Science/Engineering
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.